Sunday, April 28, 2013

Team Banzai : For Sean



I had a great idea to share with a great man.  Sadly, that never came to be.  I found Sean Hartter and loved his work so greatly, I opened a dialogue with him.  He was every bit as cool and funny as I expected him to be.  Had we lived in the same state, I would have made it a point to hang out with him as much as possible.  Again, that would never be.

Sean Hartter over the weekend.  My condolences go to his family and the loved ones who truly knew him.  I had a great idea to let him do a poster for me about the sequel to Buckeroo Banzai that never was.  I didn't want to pressure him, Lord knows I couldn't have afforded the commission anyway.  I doubted he would have done it for free.  Who knows?  So to honor Sean and the legacy of art he leaves behind, I went ahead and made a stylized poster to showcase it.  Compare to Sean's work, this is crap but I created it to honor him.

Farewell, Sean.  I'll miss you.

No comments: